Get Ready to Sell!
If you are thinking about selling, there are some key things you can do to get top dollar.
Although we will create a customized home preparation plan for you, here are a few things you can do now to get ready:
- Remove any clutter from the yard
- Trim hedges
- Weed gardens
- Wash steps, windows, railings, doors, etc.
- Paint if needed
- Remove unnecessary clutter from garages
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean tubs, toilets and showers
- Oil squeaky doors
- Fix things like broken hinges and light switches
- Take a whiff. Nothing will turn a buyer away faster than an odd smell. Try to eliminate smoking, food and pet odors. And don't leave any clues. If potential buyers see a dog or an ashtray, they'll be on the lookout for smells and stains.
- Let potential buyers "see" themselves in your home. Too many personal items can make viewers feel like they're intruding in someone else's home. Keep things clean and simple. Decorate in neutral colors.
We have a full checklist that you can use to prepare your home for sale. Fill out the form below and we will email it right over!